Monday, March 12, 2007

Second Wikipedia Edit- College Athletics

I have just made my second edit to a wikipedia article. The artice I chose was College athletics and some of the modern controversey. I wrote about the title IX law that states, "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance." This has caused much controversy over the amount of scholarships available towards male athletics. Title IX forces collegiate programs to offer the same amount of scholarship money for both female and males. The link to the article is Title IX
Check it out!

1 comment:

Lauren Chell said...

I liked your article choice about Title IX. I know there has been so much controversy, even now, since Title IX has been passed. Female athletes at most schools still cannot receive a FULL athletic scholarship, I believe that the most is 90%.